Friday, January 30, 2009

I miss 中国 (China)

Ok, I know I said I wouldn't write anymore about China. I know I said that I was moving on in my blog to write about more current things in my life... well I lied. Yes, that was the original intention, but for some reason I cannot get China off of my mind! So consider this a post in honor of Chinese New Year this week.

Here is a short list of the things I miss most about China:

  1. My friends (The Chinese and American friends that walked this journey with me)
  2. The food (Going from basically the culinary capital of civilization to NGU caf food has plummeted my taste buds into clinical depression)
  3. Walking (There is a certain beauty and practicality in being able to walk to anything you need. America's suburbia is definitely stressing me out)
  4. Adventure (In China every day was adventurous, unpredictable, and full of new experiences)
  5. Tea (Dance Tea-- nuff said)
  6. Speaking Chinese (Struggling through this incredibly difficult language filled me wonder and a much needed dose of humility)
  7. Community
  8. Chinese Art
  9. Being a Minority
  10. Catching/Riding Buses
  11. Pirated DVD Stores
  12. Motorcycles ( I miss the crazy and dangerous feel you get when you ride a motorcycle taxi...)
  13. Old Chinese Men (My friend Park and I agreed that these are by far the COOLEST old people in the whole world)
  14. Playing Games (Ping Pong, Mahjong, and Dou Di Zhu)
  15. History
  16. Reading the China Daily (It's surprisingly refreshing to get world news from a Non-Western perspective)
  17. Chinese Barbecue (Meat on a Stick!)
  18. Not being in America
  19. Being in China.

5 comments:

Improvedliving said...

saying hello...cuz i have been so MIA!



motorcycle games

Leo Lee said...

ha,don't stop writing it if you like,man

Beelieve said...

aww, hey i miss china too!! sniff sniff

lynn said...

complete and detailed about your summary
back again in China if you could
hope to see you in anyplace

faricabacca said...

The Shri Ganesh Temple, Chennai, India - JT Hub
Ganesh Temple in Chennai, India is the 순천 출장마사지 official Hindu temple of Lord Ganesha and 문경 출장안마 is home to the 포항 출장안마 Hindu God Ganesh. Here 안동 출장마사지 are some pictures taken of the Ganesh 동두천 출장샵