Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am alive.

For everyone out there who has realized my absence from this blog, don't worry- I am still alive. Right now I am in the middle of "The Treck." This 2 week journey across China is one of the main components of my program that will lead me through Shanghai, Beijing, Xi'an, and a rural villages by plane, train, and bus. You know those verizon commercials where they say, "The internet can't hide anymore?" Well....they have never been to China. The internet is almost constantly hidden, so it has been incredibly difficult to update or even contact the padres. I am having an incredible trip so far and will fill you in on when i get back to Xia-Da. I can tell you, however, that I did not miss out on the election fever- it was present in the newspaper vendors and and people on the streets wearing Obama pins and following the electoral count. Tommorow we are going to see Qin Shihuan Di's army of terra cotta solidiers....
I am going to bed (just as your day is beginning.)

bye

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is my first time on your blog. i loved reading about your adventures. had supper with your parents tonight, so they also gave us an update. Press ON!! By the way, i'm still chewing on what you wrote about tourist/traveler topic - too profound. a good word for all of us. Hannah